Latest Update: Prime Minister admits to Keir Starmer that he was not personally responsible for Savile’s decision, three days after implied otherwise
- UK homes face record 54% energy bill hike as price range rises
- Energy bill: Rishi Sunak offers £200 one-time discount to families
- Reduced cost of living: UK energy price range hiked by 54% – business live
- PM’s disobeying rules is harming democracy: Keir Starmer
- Coronavirus Global Updates – Live
Keer starrer claimed this morning that Boris Johnson’s conduct was contributing to a decline in trust in politicians. In a speech on the Trust, he said:
Trust in the government is falling, trust in politics is being lost and politicians are falling, trust in the media is being lost.
Two-thirds of the public think that the way politicians act undermines democracy. Six out of 10 people think politicians can lie to them – Six out of 10 – Sadly given recent events this doesn’t surprise me, but it frustrates me, it frustrates me .