Ukrainian Adviser to the President and Peace Negotiator mykhailo podolyaki said no agreement with Russia cannot be trusted and invasion of moscow Can only be stopped by force, Reuters reports.
Podolik wrote on the Telegram messaging app:
A deal with Russia is not worth the money broken.
Is it possible to negotiate with a country that always lies with cynicism and propaganda?”
Russia has proved that it is a barbaric country which is a threat to world security. A barbarian can only be stopped by force.
Russia and Ukraine have blamed each other after peace talks stalled, with the last one-on-one talks on March 29.
The Kremlin said earlier this month Ukraine was showing no desire to continue peace talks, while officials in Kyiv blamed Russia for the lack of progress.
On Monday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said President Vladimir Putin was the only Russian official willing to meet to discuss how to end the war.
Ukraine’s armed forces have claimed over 30,000 Russian soldiers killed since the war began. The armed forces and the government released the figures on their social media accounts after 94 days of fighting. The Guardian has not independently verified them.
It claimed to have destroyed at least 207 Russian aircraft, 180 helicopters, more than 1,330 tanks, approximately 3,300 APVs, 13 military boats, 93 anti-aircraft systems and 200 multiple launch rocket systems, as well as thousands of other vehicles and fuel tanks. Drones and Artillery Systems.
Serhi Gaidai, governor of Ukraine’s Luhansk region, has said there are some 10,000 Russian troops in the eastern sector, Reuters reports, adding that it could not independently verify the claim.
“These are (units) that are permanently in the Luhansk region, trying to attack and try to make a profit in any direction,” Gedai said on Ukrainian television.
The Russian army probably captured most of the city of Lyman.In a possible preliminary operation for the next phase of their offensive Donbass, Britain’s Defense Ministry has said.
In its latest update, the ministry said that Lyman was a strategically important railway junction and an access point to important rail and road bridges on the Siversky Donets River.
“In the coming days, Russian units in the region are likely to prioritize forcing the river crossing. For now, Russia’s main effort remains around the Sverodonetsk pocket, 40 km to the east, but near Lyman. A bridgehead nearby would give Russia an advantage in the likely next phase of the Donbass offensive, when it would likely try to advance on major Ukrainian-held cities deep in Donetsk Oblast, Slovak and Kramatorsk,” it said.
On Thursday the head of the self-proclaimed Russia-backed Donetsk People’s Republic, Denis Pushilin, said a referendum would take place if Russia annexed the whole of Donetsk and Luhansk.
An interesting interview with retired Major John Spencer, chair of urban warfare studies at the Madison Policy Forum. He told the BBC that Russia had some momentum in the east, but the Ukrainians had the ability to stop them from advancing if they could find more Western weapons.
Asked if Ukrainian forces could continue fighting given the lack of resources and the exhaustion of troops, Spencers said he believed so.
“They still have what Russia does not have – the will to fight, they are fighting for their country. Many people in Russia are still struggling with morale and solidarity because they are not sure who they are. fighting for.”
On rumors that the US would give Ukraine a long-range weapon system, he said it would be a “critical lifesaver to keep Ukraine from losing more and more of the eastern Donbass.”
Hello, and welcome to our continuing coverage of the war in Ukraine. Here is a quick summary of the latest developments. Much of the focus is on the east, where the situation in the besieged city of Svyarodonetsk appears bleak – the largest in the Donbass still occupied by Ukraine.
Luhansk governor Serhi Haidai said Ukrainian forces may have to retreat once Russian troops enter the city, Peter Beaumont and Isobel Koshiev report.
“Russia will not be able to capture the Luhansk region in the coming days, as analysts have predicted,” Haidai said on Telegram, referring to Sveriodonetsk and its twin city Lisichansk across the Siversky Donets River. “We will have enough strength and resources to defend ourselves. Although it is possible that we may have to retreat in order not to be surrounded.”
Haidai said 90% of the buildings in the city were damaged.
The Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, acknowledged the situation in Donahs was “very difficult”, saying in an address on Friday night that the invading forces have concentrated “maximum artillery, maximum reserves” in the region.
“There are missile strikes and aircraft strikes – everything,” he said. “We are protecting our land the way our current defense resources allow. We are doing everything to increase them. And we will raise them.
“If the occupiers think that Lyman or Svyerodonetsk will be theirs, they are wrong. Donbass will be Ukrainian. ”
- Austrian chancellor Karl Nehmer has said that in talks with Vladimir Putin, the Russian president indicated he was “ready to discuss a prisoner swap with Ukraine”.
- The independent news source Meduza has reported that officials close to the Kremlin have said that Russia “Planning a full-scale victory in Ukraine by autumn” and may try to take the capital city again Kyiv,
- Governor of the Eastern Region of Ukraine Luhansk The U.S. said that the Ukrainian army may be forced to withdraw from the area to avoid capture.
- a NATO Ministry of Defense According to the Nexta report, the next meeting to discuss the war will be on June 15 and 16.
- New data from the United Nations showed that 4,031 civilians have been killed Since Russia first invaded Ukraine in February, 261 children have been involved.
- us President Joe Biden Guilty Vladimir Putin Attempts to “erase” Ukrainian culture and identity during a speech today, the Washington Post reports.
- A new report by more than 30 internationally recognized legal scholars and experts says Russia is guilty of incitement to massacre And intending to commit genocide in Ukraine, legally obliging other countries to stop it.
- expected to send to the US Ilong range rocket system For Ukraine that could be announced as early as next week, CNN reports.
- Officials in Ukraine – including the President Volodymyr Zelensky In his Friday night address , The U.S. has appealed for additional assistance from the West as the Donbass region faces a “clear policy of genocide” by Russian forces there.