Ukraine’s foreign ministry accuses Russia of violating the ceasefire by shelling the humanitarian corridor; Poland ready to transfer jet to US
- Full report: Russia accused of shelling Mariupol evacuation route
- Russia ‘settling logistics’ and could attack Kyiv in days – experts
- ‘They were cannon fodder’: Siberian governor confronts relatives
- Zelensky calls on Churchill to call on Britain to do more to help
- Tell us: How have you been affected by the situation in Ukraine?
The stock market is again struggling today with no signs of abating the adverse economic impact of the war.
Brent crude rises again – up 2.48% to $126.26 – after looking violent yesterday when it touched around $140.
Griffith urged all parties to ensure the safety of civilians, homes and infrastructure in Ukraine.
“This includes allowing safe passage for civilians to leave areas of active hostilities on a voluntary basis in whichever direction they choose,” he said, after Ukraine rejected an earlier deal that would only allow its citizens allowed to be removed to Russia or Belarus.
The meeting took place when Ukraine and Russia were demanding an agreement on creating a “humanitarian corridor” from pummeled cities, as the number of civilians from the Russian attack increased.